The DIY salt scrub is an excellent exfoliant with natural virtues ideal for the well-being of the body, the salt scrub is very good for the health. Discover its origin, its principle and especially the benefits it provides to the skin.
What Is The Salt Scrub?
A scrub based on a natural product, sea salt, to feel good. Containing countless minerals that are good for health and for the skin, salt contains potassium, iodine, calcium, iron, and zinc. It is usually mixed with nourishing and antioxidant vegetable oils including argan oil, sweet almond oil, apricot kernel oil, and grape seed oil.
A 100% natural moisturizing product that combines regenerating, toning, slimming and healing actions. This scrub can also be used in perfumed bath salt; for that, just add a few tablespoons of the mixture in the bathwater and bask.
The Principle Of Diy Salt Scrub
For starters, the skin is moistened so that the grains of salt are less abrasive. We begin the scrub by the feet and we go back to the top of the body while performing, with the palm of the hand, circular movements. This scrub should not be performed more than once a week at the risk of irritating the skin.
Do not hesitate to insist on rough areas such as feet, knees, and elbows. But avoid at all costs the face and the mucous membranes of the private parts! Finally, rinse the skin only with clear water and not too hot. This helps to revitalize the blood circulation and close the pores. In the Middle East, we use sesame oil, especially for the body. But it is quite possible to use apricot kernel oil. As for salt, choose salts from the Dead Sea.
The Benefits Of The Diy Salt Scrub?
The salt scrub allows for the necessary skin exfoliation recommended by dermatologists. Thus, the dead cells of the epidermis are removed and the cells are regenerated while purifying the skin. Thanks to the olive oil contained in the preparation, we are sure to nourish the skin. Combined with salt that rubs the skin, it offers an excellent greasy effect for the skin of the face as well as the body. The salt scrub is ideal to regenerate the skin and purify it deeply!
The Basic Face Diy Salt Scrub
- Mix 2 tablespoons fine salt with 2 tablespoons sweet almond oil.
- Apply on the face by massaging gently.
- Rinse thoroughly with clear water.
- Tap to dry your skin. Do not forget to moisturize your skin with a day or night cream.
- This trick is to be repeated once a week.
The Face Scrub All Pink
- This is the essential scrub for all mature skin!
- It is recommended to do it once a week.
- Mix 2 tablespoons fine Himalayan salt with 2 tablespoons rosehip vegetable oil.
- Add 2 drops of essential oil of damask rose.
- Apply the preparation by massaging lightly with small circular motions. d. Leave a few minutes and rinse.
The Basic Body Scrub
- Mix 3 tablespoons coarse gray salt with 2 tablespoons sweet almond oil.
- Rub the body with emphasis on the rough areas (heels, elbows, knees …). Rinse thoroughly.