Drink plenty of water before taking a baking soda bath.
- Add 5 tablespoons to 2 cups of baking soda to the bathroom. The amount depends on the condition you want to treat.
- Dissolve well.
- Stay in the bathtub for 15 to 45 minutes.
- Rinse with fresh water after bathing.
- You can use a wipe to exfoliate and remove dead skin cells.
- The water should be warm, neither too cold nor too hot.
- When you finish drink water
Taking a warm bath can help you relax and rest. The bathrooms also help to:
- Relieve tension and pain
- Promote perspiration
- Increase circulation
But if this were not enough, look at the other benefits that it brings:
Bicarbonate bath can soothe and relieve infection symptoms such as:
Baking soda bath can also have a positive effect on vaginal pH.
Sodium bicarbonate kills the cells of Candida leading to fungal infections. It has also been found that sodium bicarbonate has general antifungal effects.
If your baby has burned skin due to a diaper rash, you can submerge the affected area in a baking soda bath three times a day.
Do this for only 10 minutes at a time.
Baking soda can help calm burning and promote faster healing.
Use only 2 tablespoons of baking soda for babies and toddlers.
Do not use too much, since sodium bicarbonate can be absorbed by the body through the skin in a process called alkalosis.
A baking soda bath can help calm and cure eczema.
Add 1/4 cup of baking soda to your bath to relieve itching. It is important that you moisturize your skin immediately after your bath while it is still wet.
You should also avoid scrubbing your skin with a towel to dry it. That can irritate the skin.
Baking soda has cleansing and detoxifying properties that can help purify your body and increase immunity.
It can be combined with Epsom salt, sea salt, and ground ginger to make a detox bath. You can also add essential oils and other natural ingredients of your choice.
Bicarbonate baths can be used three times a day to relieve the itching caused by chickenpox.
- Use 1 cup of baking soda for every inch of warm water.
- Allow you or your child to soak for 15 to 20 minutes.
Urinary Tract Infections
A sodium bicarbonate bath can help neutralize the acid in the urine, eliminate germs and help to heal. It can also relieve pain or burning when urinating.
- Add 1/4 cup of baking soda to the bath.
- Bathe for up to 30 minutes, or 10 to 15 minutes in young children.
- Do this 2 times a day.
A baking soda bath can help soothe the itching and burning of the vulva.
- Add a few tablespoons of baking soda to a warm bath.
- Baths up to 3 times a day for 15 minutes.
Taking a baking soda bath can help relieve rectal pain caused by constipation. It can also help you relax the anal sphincter and defecate.
- Add 2 big spoons of baking soda to your bathing bucket.
- Take the bath for at least 20 minutes.
Do not take a sodium bicarbonate bath if you are or have:
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- High blood pressure
- Open wounds or serious infections
- They are prone to fainting
Talk to your child’s pediatrician before using sodium bicarbonate baths for babies.
It is usually safe whenever you use only a small amount of baking soda and limit the time you spend in the bathroom. Stop use if you have any adverse reactions. If your condition does not improve after a few days, you should seek medical treatment.